Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 59: Seeking Motivation

The first step in moving towards a more positive outlook on life is admitting you have a problem. I, Dana Hortman, admit that I'm overweight, unhappy with my physical appearance, and need to make many personal lifestyle changes if I want to live a long and healthy life.

The second step is believing you can fix that problem. From eating a healthy, well-balanced meal to exercising properly, I'm in complete control of my own actions and can fulfill any goal I've set for myself if I just put my mind to it.

The third and final step is making a commitment to see that the particular goal is met. I've made a commitment to myself that I will conquer my own weight issues and come out successful. This commitment involves devising a plan of action, which includes Weight Watchers, a detailed exercise regimen and tons of water.

Okay, so what's the problem? One word...motivation.

For a few weeks now, I've really been slacking in the weight loss department. Unfortunately, being super busy with work and various social commitments have made me lose sight of my original commitment to my health. And trust me, I'm not proud of it. Since the beginning, I've been going full-force at 110% to kick ass, but what happened? I really don't have one solid answer to answer that question, but I do know that I'm tired of being on this plateau. I'm not a half-ass kind of gal. I'm a perfectionist that simply aims for top-notch performance in anything I do. That's just the Leo in me.  But how do I get out of this rut?

Well after searching for a little bit of inspiration, I found these words of wisdom via Pinterest...









For those of you having a hard time like me, this ones for you :)

XoXo,
DJH

No comments:

Post a Comment