Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 5: Weekly Rewind

Happy Friday, fabulous readers! I hope you all had an amazing week :)

Before I go further into today's blog posting, I want to talk a little more about my blog format. I know I've explained the reasons why I'm writing this blog. Buuut I never really went into detail about the logistics and format that I plan to follow for the next few months. Ideally, I want this blog to have a little bit of personal diary touches mixed with a magazine column-type feel. Basically, Carrie Bradshaw meets personal journal writer. In other words, a mixture of professional and personal with a dash of sass and creativity, easy on the edges. Each week, I plan to dedicate a particular day to a certain theme. Here is what I've been able to come up with: (Subject matter is due to change, of course!)

Mondays--Weight Watcher Reflection
Tuesdays--Words from D
Wednesdays--Recipes!
Thursdays--Words from D
Fridays--Weekly Rewind

As for Saturdays and Sundays, I'll post links to health articles, inspirational quotes and poems, answers to any questions that you may have for me, etc. I want to leave these days open to the freedom of expression.

Now, back to today's theme.

My first week has gone fairly well I must say. As good as adapting to a new lifestyle can be. Though it's been pretty hectic trying to get back into the groove of things and manage my time properly, I haven't fallen off the track thus far. Honestly, I don't want to at this point. I've got my goals in sight, and I'm ready to achieve them. By the way, that's the driven diva coming out in me. She'll up from time to time ;) However, the cravings have been pretty hard to overcome, especially when my sister's boyfriend, Malcolm, decided he wanted to fry some mozarella sticks earlier in the week. Or it could be the fact my mama called a few hours ago to say she was about to eat at my favorite Chinese place back home for lunch. Tsk tsk tsk. But I've followed my own advice and have victoriously fought temptation as I mentioned in yesterday's post. What this week has taught me is that I have a great amount of strength and self-control. Between measuring portions out for meals and substituting a craving with a healthier choice, I've noticed a change. A good change at that. I'm proud of myself. I'm one small step closer. One week down, six more to go!

How has your week gone? What have you done differently to change your lifestyle for the better? I'd love to hear all about it!

~DJH

2 comments:

  1. I switched to whole wheat flour this week! I like to bake and make a lot of things from scratch, so I thought that was one way to make it at least a little better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 2 for me and 6 lbs lighter! Must say... Preparing meals ahead of time is the key for me! Finding that motivation for workouts came easier than I thought. Ans talk about substitutions, I walk at recess rather than sit in my chair and watch the kids play! 6 lbs... I can do it!

    ReplyDelete