Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 47: Chaos = Chaos. Period.

Happy early Monday readers!

Sooo technically, this post was suppose to be for Thursday, March 8th, but as you can see, I'm a little behind.  But I have perfectly good explanations, which I'll get to soon enough.

First things first, I finally weighed on Friday, and I'm super happy to report...3.8 more pounds gone :) In a matter of six to seven weeks, I'm officially 16.2 pounds lighter to date. Yay me! Honestly, I was surprised, because the night before I had splurged on guacamole and a burrito with a Coca-Cola on the side. But I guess it didn't bother the scales. Thank God!

Secondly, the reason I'm so behind on posting this blog is because I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off because of one important word in my vocabulary right now--deadlines. Work is very, very stressful right now. Between nine editorial interns, multiple articles and my own writing, it's been pretty hectic around the Hortman household here in Athens. Not to mention the fact I've been working day and night to get as much done before I leave for vacation this week, a.k.a. spring break, (Even though I've been a college graduate for almost two years now, but shh I need the break!) which leads me to my next point. I won't be posting for the duration of this week.

Tomorrow, well today, I'm venturing north to the beautiful mountains of Tennessee to disappear from reality with a group of fabulous friends and enjoy a little r & r. Though I'll have a computer access, I need this down time to regroup, mentally and physically, and prepare myself to published three magazines in a matter of a few weeks. I know each of you can relate to my situation, especially you writers out there. I don't like to slack, but I'd rather take some time off and regain my creative strength than automatically burn out and get nothing completed. I think my editor, Ivey, would agree with that statement as well. I promise to return next week with awesome content and very sassy words.

Lastly, I would appreciate some input from y'all. I'm fully confident in my creative brainstorming and content development, but it's always nice to hear from the reader, who is benefiting the most from these posts. I know sometimes my content overlaps, and that's perfectly normal for this type of subject matter. However, I'd like some fresh content ideas. Are there any fitness or health topics you'd like to see me write about? Or is there any particular topic you'd like me to elaborate on or place more focus towards? If you have any suggestions or ideas, send them my way!

I hope y'all have a wonderful and fab week :)


















(This is my 16.2 pounds lighter smile :))


XoXo,
DJH
    

No comments:

Post a Comment