Happy Super Bowl weekend readers!
Who's ready for the big game tomorrow night? I know I am ready, Wes Welker jersey and all :) I'm sorry this is a day delayed, but hectic schedules in the magazine industry = stressful and very, very busy, especially around deadline time. Nevertheless, even if it's a day late, I intend to always write unless I absolutely am unable to do so. I don't want to let any of my faithful readers down. Not to mention myself and the commitment I made to this journey. Just call me Wonder Woman!
On a lighter note though, I will say week three has been pretty good to me, minus the fact that I did gain 2 pounds of my weight back on Monday, which was incredibly disappointing. But I didn't let that get me down, because there are going to be weeks where weight will fluctuate. As long as it's not a habitual thing, then I'm okay. I know I'm in control, and it's just a bump in the road. A very temporary one. Once I got past the additional 2 pounds, the week looked brighter through my eyes. This week, I've successfully fought temptation even though one of my really good friends, Jeremy, had to order the fried calamari last night at Mirko Pasta. Thanks Jerms! But otherwise, I've been able to control my cravings this week and turn to more healthier foods. Again, apples are your very best friend. I cannot emphasize it enough. One constant struggle, though, that I keep facing is taking the time out of my schedule to exercise. I seem to be busy from the time I get out of the bed until I lay my head down on the pillow at night. I'm still in that whole 'figure out the routine that fits your schedule' phase, which is perfectly normal considering I'm only on the third week on my weight loss journey. I'm not giving up just yet, just have to keep trying. As my parents always taught me when I was a little girl, if first you don't succeed, try, try again. And I've always listened since.
How has your week gone? Any personal struggles of your on? Hang in there! You'll be at your target weight in no time :)
As Dory from Finding Nemo always reminds us, "just keep swimming!"
~DJH
No comments:
Post a Comment