Just this evening, while yawning and constantly rubbing my eyes, I came across this research article published by Harvard University's Harvard Women's Health Watch on the importance of sleep. Check this out: http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/importance_of_sleep_and_health
Pretty interesting huh? Not quite sleepy just yet though? Read these facts on how to achieve good sleep habits, courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
"The promotion of good sleep habits and regular sleep is known as sleep hygiene. The following sleep hygiene tips can be used to improve sleep."
- Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
- Moderate physical activity may help promote sleep, but avoid vigorous exercise in the few hours before going to bed.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol close to bedtime.
- Avoid nicotine.
As the time gets later and you're eyes get heavier, crawl into a comfy bed, lay your head gently on the pillow and dose off to dreamland in peace :)
Sweet dreams!
XoXo,
DJH
These are great tips! I find "candelight" yoga is good exercise before bed, and I try to drink water with MIO to sate sweet cravings while avoiding caffeine.
ReplyDeleteGreat tips!! I will have to try this because insomnia is not agreeing me. PS Love your blog! It helps reading about your journey as I go through mine.
ReplyDelete