We all have our favorite comfort foods. Some of us prefer the comforting sensation of a huge slice of pizza (or three) with bacon, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, sausage and all of the other yummy toppings. Or the classic American macaroni and cheese, but with a hint of something special. Perhaps we may even find comfort and solidarity in a type of food that can be served more than just in the morning. I'm talking about breakfast. Who doesn't love to whip up a Spanish omelet at 7 p.m. at night? Or make a midnight batch of chocolate chip pancakes? I know I don't mind. Most of these meals sound pretty fattening, but even breakfast comfort food can be lean and healthy. Here are a few delicious breakfast-style recipes, courtesy of WeightWatchers.com, for your cooking and eating pleasure:
Apple-Raspberry Stuffed French Toast--http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=52911
Bacon & Swiss Quiche--http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=50408
Breakfast Veggie Casserole--http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=145821
Each of these three different breakfast dishes can be served with a side of turkey bacon or sausage as well as low-fat vanilla yogurt, granola and fruit.
XoXo
DJH
oh man... quiche is a staple in my house! It's a great way to get rid of fresh broccoli or spinach that's on its last leg, and I love it with turkey bacon and a glass of V8 Fusion Light juice.
ReplyDelete